Helping Christian inmates make successful transitions back into the free world. This is a SERIOUS SITUATION! Many soon-to-be released inmates have requested a mentor, been Chaplaincy approved to receive one and are now eagerly awaiting help.
YOU CAN BE A MENTOR! In addition to reducing recidivism rates, pre-release mentoring helps mentees by:
- Offering encouragement and helping reduce anxiety about reentry
- Providing an example of how to live according to Christ’s teachings
- Helping the prisoner set constructive goals for the future
- Providing assistance with the development of a concrete reentry plan
- Connecting the prisoner with reentry team members and resources